Enrich the Next Generation to Achieve Growth & Excellence
Whether you are part of a small group or large corporate team, you can be a change maker right here in our community! We empower groups to use their skills, gifts and resources to change the lives of foster children forever. We believe changing ONE LIFE is worth all of our efforts to end generational cycles of abuse, neglect, poverty and human trafficking.
Volunteers are a necessary part of the functioning and development of Place of Hope. We are in consistent need of people who are willing to volunteer their time and skills in whatever area they can. Whether you are a mentor, a cook, or a handyman, we invite and encourage you to utilize your God-given abilities to serve alongside us in this ministry.
The time you invest at Place of Hope will have a lasting impact on the lives of the many children and teens in our care. We are excited to meet members of the community who are willing to engage with our mission – one child, family and young adult at a time.
Family Cottages E.N.G.A.G.E. Opportunities
- You will work one-on-one with a child from Place of Hope’s group homes
- Potential mentors will meet with the Volunteer Coordinator to determine the best mentor/mentee match and a background check is required
- You commit to calling your mentee once a week
- You commit to taking him or her out at least twice a month to participate in a meaningful activity
- You commit to mentoring for at least one year
Family Cottage Mentor
- You will be willing to help transport and cheer on our youth in all of the activities they are involved in such as sports
- You will transport one or a group of children from Place of Hope’s family cottages
- You commit to mentoring for at least six months
- You will work one-on-one with one child from Place of Hope
- You commit to coming to Place of Hope’s campus once a week to tutor
- We ask that tutors commit to work with the student(s) through the end of the school year
- Potential tutors will meet with the Education Coordinator to determine the best tutor/student match
- In general, tutors will need to be familiar with Common Core curriculum and comfortable with that teaching method
- Tutoring is generally for an hour-long session per student each week in the late afternoon or evening
- We ask that you would prepare or purchase a meal to feed 8 to 10 people
- You can commit to delivering a meal once a week, once a month or any day you are able to do so
- We ask that you would arrange drop off to our front office (Mon to Fri 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) We will rotate the meals to our cottages
- If you prefer a later drop-off time or weekend delivery, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator to discuss
Please click the button below to select the date and cottage you would like to bless with a meal!
Paxson Campus E.N.G.A.G.E. Opportunities
We recently expanded our clothing closet for new and gently used donated clothes for our children and youth. We have two opportunities a month for volunteers to help sort, wash and organize donated clothes. You can volunteer one time or on a reoccurring basis.
Reoccurring or One Time Our clothing closet is stocked with new and gently used donated clothes for our children and youth – many who arrive with only the clothes on their back. We have two opportunities a month for volunteers to help sort, wash and organize donated clothes. You can volunteer one time or on a reoccurring basis.
Food Pantry Driver
Reoccurring 1 to 5 Days a Week We are in need of drivers to pick up donated food from designated locations and deliver it to our on-site pantry for processing. This fresh produce and at-date products help feed the 340 children and youth we serve daily.
Pick-up Location: • Sprouts Farmers Market in Wellington • Fresh Market in Jupiter • J&J Family Farms in Loxahatchee • Mecca Farms/Food Dock in Lake Worth • Feeding South Florida in Boynton Food Pantry Manager
Reoccurring 1 to 3 Days a Week We receive fresh produce and end-date foods donated throughout the week. We are in need of 1-2 volunteers to help rotate out expired product and organize the pantry in preparation for new arrivals.
Front Desk Assistant
Reoccurring Weekly Our front desk volunteers are the first-impressions team. They answer phones, greet guests and receive donations. We have remaining volunteer opportunities throughout the week, either from 9 am-12pm or 12pm-3pm.
Reoccurring or One Time Help our campuses be the best home for our kids possible. We are in need of volunteers to pressure wash the sidewalks at each campus. You can volunteer one time or on a reoccurring basis.
Villages of Hope E.N.G.A.G.E. Opportunities
- Teach an hour-long Life Skills class to the residents of VOH. You may choose a topic from the below list or come up with your own.
- The Life Skills Classes take place from 7-8pm every last Wednesday of the month.
- Class size varies, but generally is from 8 to 12 young adults.
- Villages of Hope Campus: 3551 Burma Circle, Lake Park, FL 33403
Sample of General Life Skills Class Topics
- Money Management (Budgeting/Filing Taxes/Debt)
- Daily Living / Home Life
- Social Relationships / Communication
- Work & Study Skills / Work Life / Career Planning
Joann's Cottage E.N.G.A.G.E. Opportunities
- Teach an hour-long Life Skills class to the residents of Joann’s Cottage. You may choose a topic from the above list or come up with your own
- The Life Skills Classes take place different times throughout the week depending on the availability
- Class size varies, but generally is from 3 to 6 young adults
- Joann’s Cottage Campus: 3564 Burma Circle, Lake Park, FL 33403
- You will work with one or more girls at Joann’s Cottage
- You will be able to commit to coming to Joann’s cottage once a week for at least one full school year.
- You will work one on one with a girl at Joann’s Cottage. We ask that you schedule with the Curriculum Coordinator and commit to meeting with a girl at least one time ever two weeks
- You will commit to mentoring at least one year
- We ask that you be able to cook for at least 8 people
- Can commit to cooking meals once a week, every other week, once month or less frequently
- We ask that you arrange drop off times with our Volunteer Coordinator during office hours and with our Curriculum Coordinator outside of office hours.
- We are also asking for someone who is willing to volunteer their time to come to Joann’s Cottage one evening to prepare a meal with the girls.
Please click the button below to select the date you wish to bless Joann’s Cottage with a meal!
Treasures for Hope E.N.G.A.G.E. Opportunities
We invite you to join our team as we serve together to impact the lives of children and young adults. There’s a variety of opportunities for you to serve.
For more information, please contact Treasures for Hope at 561-691-8881 or visit www.treasuresforhope.org.
Professional Support E.N.G.A.G.E. Opportunities
If you are a professional with talents and abilities to help the children or professional staff at Place of Hope, we would love for you to be involved with our ministry. Please consider how you might serve in the following areas:
- Dental – help a child by providing routine cleaning and special services
- Medical – help a child by providing annual physical exams, special lab work or treatment while ill
- Legal – help our staff review legal documents, formulate contracts, etc.
- Fundraising – lend your expertise to help Place of Hope successfully raise funds
- Construction – lend your talents and resources to help improve or expand our campus
Please know that every volunteer opportunity – whether direct care or not – supports the children here and allows us to keep our doors open to the children who need us. Any type of help we can get is going to help their futures get a little bit brighter.