Place of Hope provides various family outreach and intervention programs, initiatives, and critical services to families and children who are navigating the public child welfare system. All programs and services are aimed at:
1. Supporting and blessing children and families dealing with the traditional dependency/child welfare and foster care systems.
2. Meeting emergency and family preservation needs.
3. Expanding the ministry reach of Place of Hope.
Thanks to your generous donations of household items and furniture! We have been able to bless thousands of children, young people and families through Shade Tree.
- Clothing Closet (Donations from the local community)
- Furniture Closet (Donations from the local community)
- Seeds of Hope (a ministry helping at-risk inner city youth)
- Food Closet/Vouchers (Donations from the local community)
- Child Abuse and Neglect Awareness, Prevention, and Child Advocacy through Voices of Hope child welfare network
Originally started at our north campus in 2008, this outreach program delivers critical services to families and children who are navigating the child welfare system. In addition to outreach services, our Shade Tree initiatives prevent child abuse and recidivism, eliminate barriers for safe and appropriate reunification and offers support and resources for family intervention. Just in 2021, together with the generosity of our committed supporters, we were able to serve over 10,000 community members through Shade Tree! We are excited to see this program and these services expand to our south county campus at The Leighan and David Rinker Campus, and to the north on our newly acquired 11-acre campus in Stuart! To learn more about this program and how you can support it, email [email protected].
Shade Tree Outreach May Campaign
Place of Hope is teaming up with Waterfront Way Foundation for the month of May to collect necessary material support for children and families in need through our Shade Tree Outreach Program. Imagine taking in overnight a child or sibling group and not having the resources to care for them. With your help, we can stock our shelves with critical items like toddler beds and mattresses, pack & plays and car seats. Waterfront Way Foundation has pledged to match dollar-for-dollar what is donated through your support. For every package or single item gift you donate, Waterfront Way Foundation will match it!
How you can help! Donate toward a single item or a package!
- Single items:
- Toddler Bed = $175
- Pack & Play = $100
- Car Seat = $100
- Package 1 (all three items) = $375
- Package 2 (toddler bed, car seat) = $275
- Package 3 (pack & play, car seat) = $200
Click here to donate and select the drop-down designation “Shade Tree Outreach Support.”
Thank you for your commitment and generosity.