Place of Hope
Serving Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River and Okeechobee County
INTERESTED IN FOSTERING?
Start the conversation today. Join us at an upcoming orientations and learn more about the process!
Join so many others just like you who are making a difference through volunteering.
Have fun, be social and raise critical support to reach more hurting children!
Place of Hope believes one life matters. What will you do to change the life of a child in foster care?
Right now, there is a waiting list of children in our neighborhoods who are in need of a home. We believe a child deserves to grow up knowing love.
Place of Hope is a local children’s organization recruiting, training and licensing loving foster families throughout Martin, Indian River, St. Lucie, and Okeechobee Counties. Through a comprehensive, high quality traditional foster care model, Place of Hope is dedicated to providing a stable and loving environment for the children of each community.
Place of Hope is responding to the urgent need for more loving foster families in Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River, and Okeechobee Counties. On a monthly average, 51 children in the Treasure Coast are removed from their homes due to heinous abuse or neglect, abandonment, sexual exploitation and human trafficking. Due to the shortage of neighboring foster families, a child can be placed across county lines, removed from everything which is familiar including school, friends and siblings.
Through the generosity and support of people just like you, together we are able to reach more hurting children, place them into loving homes, and end the cycle of abuse.
As of August, there are 1,007 children under DCF supervision and only 150 licensed foster homes in the Treasure Coast, known as the 19th Judicial Circuit covering Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River and Okeechobee counties. Information provided by Devereux CBC. Statistics by county are below.
- 145 children under DCF supervision
- 11 new children entered into the dependency system
- 17 children placed out of circuit 19*
- 38 total licensed foster homes
St. Lucie County
- 500 children under DCF supervision
- 27 new children entered into the dependency system
- 52 children placed out of circuit 19*
- 89 total licensed foster homes
Indian River County
- 179 children under DCF supervision
- 15 new children entered into the dependency system
- 27 children placed out of circuit 19*
- 20 total licensed foster homes
- 183 children under DCF supervision
- 9 new children entered into the dependency system
- 19 children placed out of circuit 19*
- 3 total licensed foster homes
*Numbers do not reflect the number of children placed across county lines within the circuit. The circuit includes Martin, Indian River, St. Lucie and Okeechobee Counties.
Since February 2015 we have seen
- 140 Children Placed Into Loving Foster Families
- 10 Children Find Their Forever Homes Through Adoption
“If you get emotional at the thought of a child being left in a shelter, never knowing love, then you are exactly who we need…“
The Wiglesworth Family